Evaluate the opportunities for development of the new ALìE rosé wine and map out the positioning and the market prospects for rosé wines in the Italian and US markets.
Analysis of the global market for still rosé wines: production, consumption, international trade, top players.
Consumer survey on the consumption of rosé wines in Italy:
- awareness, perception, key buying factors and interest in new types of products
- new Alìe wine from Frescobaldi: strengths and perception of the new product
Provide strategic information that is useful for VeronaFiere’s institutional communication for Vinitaly as well as for the participating companies’ commercial planning and marketing.
- Market Intelligence – analyses on the trends and prospects for wine consumption in the target markets;
- Consumer Insight – implementation of an ad hoc consumer survey aimed at understanding the current wine consumption model – with a focus on the Italian market – and identifying potential consumer interest in wines from the Italy and future consumption trends;
- Stakeholder consultation – interviews with key experts on Italian wines in order to gain further knowledge on current trends and development prospects of Italian wines in the markets being surveyed;
- Forecast analyses and identification of the potential for Italian wines – simulation of the 5-year forecast for development in the target markets and identification of the context for the positioning of Italian wine in the future.
Undertake an in-depth analysis of the market and competitive positioning of quality Italian red wines in the United States, with a particular focus on a federal state where wine consumption has increased significantly in the last few years: Texas.
Analysis of the global market for quality red wines
Consumer survey, the positioning of Italian red wines among Texan consumers in order to understand:
- The red wine consumption model distinguished by OFF/ON channels: frequency, occasions and motivations for wine consumption, key buying factors and purchasing channels
- Role of the origin of quality red wines (premium segment) and positioning of Italy.
Monitor the trends and opportunities for the wines from Valpolicella in the national market and in the main international markets through an annual observatory
Survey of wine producers of Valpolicella in order to monitor the key figures of the appelation (production, exports, etc.).
Consumer survey on the main consumer markets in order to identify:
- Red wine consumption pattern by OFF/ON channel: frequency, occasions, motivations for consumption, key buying factors and purchasing channels;
- Importance and role of the origin of the red wine in consumption choice;
- Spontaneous and assisted awareness of the main appelation of Italian red wines and the identification of the consumer base for each appelation;
- Perception and reputation of the main appelations of Italian red wines, investigation of the perceived values associated with the Wines of Valpolicella;
- Penetration rate of the 4 appelations: Amarone della Valpolicella, Valpolicella Ripasso, Valpolicella and Valpolicella Superiore, Recioto della Valpolicella;
- New consumption trends (interest in organic wines, integrated production, product certification …).
Understand the dynamics of the wine market in the United States and the flows of the three-tier system in order to develop a new distribution strategy (Santa Margherita USA Inc.)
- Development of a business plan aimed at outlining the global scenario in the wine-making sector and its future prospects and defining the strategic orientation in the target markets of the Santa Margherita Wine-making Group;
- Market intelligence analyses aimed at mapping the positioning of Santa Margherita and its competive set (depletions, retail sales, on-trade sales, …);
- Focus Group and consumer survey aimed at exploring the perceived value and reputation of the brands and products of the Santa Margherita Group among American consumers